Friday, October 15, 2010

Disclaimers?


1. Bear hugs are awesome! They tend to make people happy when they're sad. Or they just make them happier if they're already pretty happy. *Disclaimer: Sometimes bear hugs can be perceived as creepy. Make sure you know the person you're bear hugging, or you may be served with a restraining order.*


2. Painting nails is a great way to get someone to open up. Even if you're not a girly girl, it's a good way to get to know someone. My theory regarding why this works involves either: 1) The person is distracted while painting her nails thus sharing life stories with ease or 2) Nail polish fumes have a socializing (and possibly dangerous) effect on aforementioned individual. *Disclaimer: I do NOT recommend this technique for dudes. Try something less awkward like basketball, burping contests, or bear hugs.*


3. Never take yourself too seriously. Seriously. Fill someone's office with balloons, dress up like a dork and hang out with people just as ridiculous as you, and take a leap of faith knowing Someone will catch you if you fall. *Disclaimer: Literal leaps of faith can result in injury. I do not take responsibility for anyone who jumps off a cliff as a result of reading this blog.*




4. A little love goes a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way. Hopefully the extra O's emphasize my point. :) When you're feeling down, sometimes the best thing to do is go show love to someone. First, it'll make you realize that life isn't all about you. Secondly, showing love is just part of being like Jesus. I mean, you can't argue with that. *Disclaimer: You could actually argue with that, but it wouldn't change my mind.*

However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me-the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace. -Acts 20:24


1 comment: