Sunday, September 19, 2010

My New Friends

Scared, questioning my decision, and nervous about leaving home--that's pretty how much I felt when I began the 16 hour drive to Truman. I wasn't sure what God had in store for me. The first night on Truman's campus, I was alone in my room, organizing my stuff. In the silence, I prayed that God would give me strength and open my eyes for ways to show love. Over 4 weeks have passed since that night, and God has been blessing me way more than I could have imagined. I've met some amazing people who love Jesus more than I do. They're encouraging me so much in my faith. Others have shown me so much love--they've offered me chances to come home with them, they've laughed with me, they've made fun of my accent (Apparently Cheese Doodles and Cow Tails do not exist in Missouri. What a shame!), and we've made so many memories together. Here are just a few pictures summarizing the past four weeks:

My roommate Sarah Jo and I at the bell tower on campus

Our group at the Train Bridge. Basically, it's a bridge that goes over railroad tracks (in the middle of no where).  You  have to experience it to understand how cool it is.
Painted faces before the first home football game
My friend Christina and I bought balloon hats at the Farmer's Market!
Christina and I wrote a thank you note to the Domino's delivery man. He called to thank us and say he would hang it up at work.
Yesterday, our group went to Thousand Hills State Park. We had an awesome picnic, looked at some cool petroglyphs and got caught in a massive thunderstorm. Christina was eating an apple sucker and the boys were trying to keep me out of the picture. They failed.
After the thunderstorm we saw an AMAZING rainbow!

West Campus had a carnival last weekend that had Jello-wrestling. I was up for trying something new, and it turned out to be so much fun!

As you can see, they used green Jello.

All in all, I can't begin to describe how blessed I am to be part of such an awesome community of people. :)

P.S. MY FAMILY COMES TO VISIT IN < 2 WEEKS!!!


2 comments:

  1. yay! glad you love college! i totally got the rail road tracks; we had really random "cool" places to hang out too. you make me miss freshman year! enjoy every single minute please! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am soo glad you are living up college! there are so many things that I missed out on enjoying...keep it up and manage to sqeeze in studying from time to time:) I love and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete